Monday, January 21, 2013

Where A Kid Can Be A Kid

Well, I thought when I woke up yesterday feeling so much better, that I was out of the woods. I was wrong. While I don't feel anywhere near as horrible as I did on Saturday, I still can feel the lingering of whatever it is that I have going on. It is quite the energy zapper. Anyway, I wasn't going to let that stop me today because I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was able to get out of bed (something that didn't some so easy Saturday) and I had a very productive day (might have pushed the envelope just a little, but hey...my backyard is clean and my house has been sanitized).

In the late morning, we went to Chuck-E-Cheese to help one of Madison's sweet friends, Bryce, celebrate his 6th birthday. I just love Bryce and his family. They are truly some of the nicest people I've met. Madison had a blast and Janelle (Bryce's mom) was so sweet and kind to let Hudson come. He had a blast too. Here is a little collage I made from our time at the party.


When we got home from the party, the kids went into quiet time and I went to work. I finished doing the laundry that I started this morning (washed all of our clothes, towels, floor mats and sheets). While I was rotating laundry, I dusted and vacuumed the whole house (including the couch and pillows). I mopped the floors. I raked all of the leaves in the backyard...took me just over an hour and a half (man there were A LOT of leaves). I sanitized all of the counters in the kitchen, the doorknobs around the house and pretty much any other flat surface. I also cleaned the toys. 

After quiet time, we wanted to keep enjoying the beautiful day, so we went to the park for a little over an hour and just hung out in the fresh air with our friends. Below is a picture of Hudson attempting to climb up a ladder on the side of the playground equipment...he stopped to give me a nice cheesy grin!


We had a great day and hope you did too!

***Please keep praying for Tori. She was responsive a few times today. Praise the Lord!!! Please keep the prayers coming! Thank you!***

No comments: