Monday, October 16, 2017

A New Recipe and a Beam Routine

Day 70.

First things first, did you see that number? 70....that's crazy...it's been 70 days since Alex left, since I've given him a hug, since I've eaten a meal with him, since I've kissed him, since he's been here....that's crazy. We're getting closer though....every day we move forward is one less day until homecoming.....anyway...back to today. :)

Well, my morning started rather early....it's 8:30 and my apple watch is reflecting that I've had over 16 standing hours.....whew! Hudson is back to normal, but I had to finish cycling through the laundry from last night and I finally figured out my shampoo attachment for the Kirby (Thank you Brittney).

Anyway, so thankful to have that behind us and that Hudson is feeling better. It was quite clear that he was exhausted from it all though because he fell asleep at 5:30 today. So glad he's getting good sleep. I'm also so thankful that my sweet friend was able to help me out tonight and bring Madison home for me so that Hudson was able to stay asleep.

Okay, but let me go back to this morning. When we arrived at school and took Hudson to his class, they'd shifted their focus board. Hudson is super proud of his Bald Eagle and had me take a picture so that Alex and see and then I was touched by the whole board so I took a shot of that too. They are doing a whole unit on Veterans and we have been asked to share military items to honor Alex. :) Hudson is so proud.

     

I also wanted to share a fun, new, yummy recipe with you. Hope you enjoy:


Pumpkin spice latte HACK! 


Makes 4 mugs . ðŸŽƒ 3 bags of pumpkin spice rooibos tea = steep in 2 cups of boiling water (make it extra strong). Put 2 cups of almond milk in a small pot on the stove, add coconut sugar to desired sweetness, whisk while it heats until frothy (do not let it boil). Pour equal parts almond milk + tea in a mug... sprinkle with cinnamon. * I add a drop of thieves to the big pot (just ONE) for extra spice! ENJOY GUILT FREEEEEEEE. 



Okay, and the final fun piece of info for the night is that Madison's coach sent me her most recent edition of her beam routine. It's still a work in progress, but here's where it's at right now. 

No comments: