Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Picture Day

Day 57.

Picture Day was a SUCCESS!!!!!

Well, I mean we haven't seen the pictures yet....LOL However the morning went smoothly. Pictures went off without a hitch.

Here are the kids before their pictures:


We also were able to grab a picture of Madison and her BFF...it was perfect timing!!!


These two right here just make me smile. I love how God started their friendship last year through play rehearsal during music class, shortly after we moved. Then, it grew as they bonded over the trials they were both facing and began praying for each other. Madison had just moved homes and changed schools, as well as learned about Alex's upcoming deployment and Mackenzie had just learned her mom was going to be starting her battle against breast cancer (to which she has conquered and won the battle). These two quickly bonded as they began their friendship with very deep conversations and of course Harry Potter! Then this summer they continued to stay in touch and then to top it off, they are in the same class this year. So, thankful that Madison has such a sweet friend and that I've been blessed by my friendship with her mom. They have been such a blessing during this deployment and their friendship means the world. 

After school pictures were done, I was in Hudson's classroom helping. Before I began listening to the kids read, I snapped a quick picture of Hudson. He is calendar helper this week! He's been so excited about it. 


So....something exciting happened today. Now, I can't get too excited because it's only day 3 of a 90 day contest, but today I was listed as number 9 out of all of the USA Young Living team....what does this mean? Well, nothing yet, but the top 250 win a trip to Hawaii. How cool is that? There are several other prizes too, but Hawaii....pretty fantastic!

Anyway, I have been having so much fun with work and have had so many amazing conversations. I'm loving all of the emails I am receiving about how to make little changes to get toxins out people's homes, how to be proactive about the upcoming fall/winter season, how to help support their kids as they do their homework and study for tests, etc. I can't even tell you what a blessing it is to lesson plan and teach classes. I also taught myself a new program for my newsletter, so I have a fun newsletter that I poured hours into as I learned to format and edit it. If you'd like to see a copy of it, I'd be happy to share it with you and if you have any suggestions, I'm welcome to those too! :) 

Oh and I forgot to mention that on Saturday, we received Alex's next edition of United Through Reading. He sent them each a book and another DVD along with including 3 stickers for us of their unit's logo. 

Today was a good day. Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments: