Friday, October 06, 2017

Today I said "Yes" to me!

Day 60.

Today I started an intense fitness program. I am so excited about it. I have always wanted to do something like this and I decided now was the time. I've always worked out and focused on making healthy food, but I wanted stronger accountability and someone to tailor workouts to my needs and goals, as well as to make sure I have the correct form and that I'm pushing myself. I am excited to say that I found that in this gym. I spent about three weeks researching gyms because Alex gave me a gym membership of my choice for my birthday. I wanted to make sure I found a good fit and boy did I ever! I had my very first training session today and I LOVED every minute of it. I was pushed. I was able to let my competitive side come out. I was able to try new things I've never tried (like rope pulls and cardio rope circuits....I think I'm in love with the rope). I felt amazing after the workout and can't wait to go back. I've been extremely good with my food and making good choices. Knowing someone is going to ask to see your food log and hold you accountable is incredibly motivating, plus I'm spending the money to have this accountability so I want to honor it and not waste it.

The kids had a GREAT day at school and Madison and a great day at gymnastics. Hudson and I went to the recycling center because the kids are recycling cans, plastic bottles, and glass to save up money for when Alex comes home. They know that we want to take them on a fun trip when he gets back, but they don't know where, so they are saving money to have spending money on our trip. Alex and I are still deciding what we're going to do for our trip. We thought we'd nailed it down before he left, but then something was discovered that has us contemplating another destination instead of our original idea. We still plan to do our original idea, but during a different summer, if we end up choosing this new destination. :)

Happy Friday everyone. I am going to go relax in bed and maybe watch a movie. I just finished doing a post-workout soak in the tub with homemade bath salts. I used Eucalyptus, Cool Azul and PanAway to help soothe muscles that I know will be sore and to just wind down from the day. A good bath is always so pleasant.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We have some fun plans, but first the AC company is coming out in the morning to run a diagnostic test on the AC unit since it's slowly dying again. Please pray their "sniffer" test works because if it doesn't they have to do a test that will cause us to be without AC for up to 3 weeks. :/

No comments: