Sunday, October 15, 2017

Olive Garden....The Kiss of Death

Day 69.

Today was a wonderful day.

Our church has found a candidate for lead pastor and he spoke today (he's spoken a few other times, but we didn't know he was a candidate at the time). He's been approved unanimously by the elder board and the pastor search committee and now all that's left is for the congregation to vote in a couple of weeks. I, personally, think he's a great fit and on top of that his sermon was on point today and really challenged me.

Anyway, after church, the kids and I had lunch and then ran a few errands. We had a lot of fun and found some items for Alex's first Christmas box. My plan is to send it in about 2-3 weeks so that he gets it right around Thanksgiving, so that they can start decorating when we normally would. :) Love sending him some extra love, especially at the holidays.

After our errands, we came back home and the kids played....Madison watercolored and Hudson played a few different games including Simon Swipe. While they played, I finished some laundry we'd started earlier in the day and tended to a few other chores and odds and ends that needed to get taken care of.

My parents came over around 3:00 and the plan was to head to Olive Garden (we had some gift cards) and then to come back to our house and watch the Dodger game. THE DODGERS WON.....it as an amazing game and an amazing game winner hit by Turner.

A little back story, Alex use to work at Olive Garden, but ever since he quit (which was in college) he's had a love hate relationship with the restaurant. It never fails, that after we've gone to Olive Garden Alex gets terribly sick....like food poisoning sick. Well, today, we all ate. We all enjoyed our food, but as soon as we got home, Hudson started complaining about his tummy. We did a few things to help him and they seemed to help, but about two hours ago (as I was winding down for the night and getting ready to go to bed), Hudson came out of his room crying and told me he'd just gotten sick. Now I know this isn't the tummy bug because as soon as he was done, he was completely better and of course, it came shortly after having had Olive Garden. Like Father, Like Son. Hudson got in the shower and took his second shower of the day, while I stripped his bed (which don't forget had fresh sheets on them because I'd just finished doing the laundry a couple hours prior). For the first time every, I have a sink next to my washer and I was so thankful. I was able to rinse the sheets off prior to putting them in the washing machine. I threw everything in the washer including my Thieves Laundry Soap, a couple capfuls of Thieves Cleaner and some baking soda. I put the washer on the heaviest setting and on the disinfectant soak. I'm praying that his two favorite stuffed animals survive the wash (his new shark from Sea World and the Camel that Alex sent him).

In the meantime, I have scrubbed the floors. I have disinfected the sink by the washer. I have torn my Kirby apart trying to get the carpet shampooer to work (I've never used this feature before, just the spot shampooer) to no avail. So, I just finished dousing my son's room with Baking Soda that has been turned into a Carpet Refresher with my Purification and Thieves Oils and plan to vacuum it in the morning and hopefully by then either someone will leave me a comment explaining what I might be doing wrong with my Kirby attachment OR I will have found a video to help walk me through it and I will try again tomorrow. Whatever I did, I couldn't even get it to turn on, so something didn't get connected correctly.

Anyway, I'm off to go check on the laundry as I have to wait for it to finish before I can go to bed because if it needs to go through another cycle, I don't want it just sitting there like that over night, but hopeful I can just transfer it all to the dryer.



No comments: