Monday, October 09, 2017

A Quarter

Day 63.

So, today, day 63, while that may seem like a random number to you, to us it means ALEX IS A QUARTER OF THE WAY DONE WITH HIS DEPLOYMENT!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Anyway, so today was a GREAT day, but as a result of being so wonderful, I forgot to take pictures...womp womp.

This morning I had another training session and the kids came with me. They were so wonderful and patiently waited while I had my session and then we headed home to go to lunch with my parents. My dad's birthday is tomorrow, but since the kids had school off today for "staff inservice day," (but we all know it was for Columbus Day), we decided to go to lunch to celebrate him. He chose to go to Grill-A-Burger. Everyone loved their food. I had a fantastic salad with cucumbers, grilled chicken, red onion, a little bleu cheese, and balsamic. Hudson surprised us all and ordered Fish N Chips....he loved them!

After lunch, my parents came back to the house and we gave my dad his present (which would have been the perfect time to take pictures, but alas I forgot). Then we introduced my parents to UNO Attack! We had a lot of fun. Once Hudson was over it, we switched to Five Crowns. We love that game and we finished it literally as we had to race out the door to get Madison to gymnastics.

Once we dropped Madison off, Hudson and I ran to Target and to Costco. After dinner and Hudson's shower, we played and then headed back to gymnastics to pick up Madison.

After the kids went to bed, I spent a few hours catching up on work that had piled up from the day and got busy. Some days my best work is spent in the later hours of the evening. Now, I'm off to bed to let my body recover before it's thrashed tomorrow ;)


No comments: