Friday, October 20, 2017

Kona

Day 74.

I can't believe it's already Friday! I feel like this week flew by!!!!

Per the usual I wore my R.E.D. shirt for red shirt Friday. In two weeks the kids will be speaking briefly over the loud speaker in front of the whole school to share with them what Veteran's Day is, why we celebrate it and why they were asked to wear RED on that particular day and then to thank the school for support our family during this time, as to our principal's knowledge we are the only family in the school with a deployed loved one and so they are doing this to honor Alex and to show us support from our school community. The kids and I will be writing up their little speech this weekend so that it can be approved (mainly to make sure it fits within the timeframe allotted). Isn't that just so sweet!?! Means so much that this school is taking the time to do this.

I had another training session today. It was a good one. I think I sweat more during this session than I have at any other session so far. I also had a nutrition consult afterwards that was great. I'm learning more about what my body needs and how to keep it fueled properly for my goals I'm trying to meet. I will be doing another body composition on Monday. I'm excited to see if I've made any progress.

When I dropped the kids off today, Hudson wanted me to take a picture of his bat he made. He was very proud that he made a vampire bat and it is now hanging in his class window.


Today, as I went to pick up the kids, I decided that the weather was nice enough that I was going to go for a run on the way to pick them up. So, I left a little earlier than normal and ran about 2 miles (that is about all I had time for) and then picked up the kids and we walked home together. Hudson received his school pictures today, so that was fun. Madison should have hers on Monday. Hudson was the STAR student today, which means he was given special privileges in class (gets to use special markers, colored pencils and crayons, he gets to keep the class bear, Kona, with him all day, and a few other special privileges) and because he was STAR student on a Friday, he was given Kona to take home over the weekend. He gets to come with us on all of our outings and then Hudson gets to journal about it in Kona's book. I will snap a picture of Hudson and Kona tomorrow...I forget to today, but I do have a picture of Hudson's school picture. I love how it turned out!



Hudson and I dropped Madison off at the gym and then he and I came home, played, ate dinner, he showered and got ready for bed and I worked. Then we were off to go pick up sister from gymnastics.  The kids both went to bed and then I worked some more. My team is growing and I'm having so much fun planning and prepping for it. I have been making fun little goodies for those that are signing up for the first time and for those that are choosing to step into the business for the first time. It has been such a blessing and so surreal. Can't wait to see what God is up to. It's so sweet to hear my kids pray for my business every night. They are just as excited as I am. 

Happy Friday Y'all! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: