Saturday, October 14, 2017

"He Climbed a Tree, and Scraped His Knee...."

Day 68.

Happy Saturday!!!!

This morning the kids and I went to the park. They scootered and I ran, and then we played. There was a group of people playing volleyball at the sand court too. I almost asked to join in, but then I decided against it because I was at the park to play with the kids, but it was fun to watch some volleyball. In between our playing and running I was able to snap a few pictures of the kids. Hudson tried and successfully climbed his first tree today. He was so proud. The kids love that this park has good climbing trees.

      

Madison really enjoyed the jungle gym. She always comes up with some sort of obstacle for herself. I was able to get her to slow down for a minute for a quick picture.


And then the kids made themselves sick spinning non-stop in these little bucket seats. I had to help them stop so that they could get out because once those things get going, they don't stop very easily. 


After the park, we came back to the house and attempted to make pumpkin pancakes with almond flour. Two things happened that caused it to be unsuccessful:

1. My electric griddle died. I had to throw it away, so now I'm in the market to go find another one :)

2. I have made pumpkin pancakes A LOT, but never with almond flour and I think I decided that almond flour is not a great flour for pumpkin pancakes. They just stay too gooey for me. I even tried throwing the batter in a cake pan and putting it in the oven, but it just stayed too mushy for me. Anyone ever successfully made pumpkin pancakes with almond flour? 

Anyway, after that fiasco it ended up being time for lunch, so I made the kids lunch and they played for a little bit before we were able to talk to Alex. It was sooo good to talk to him. He's doing really well and staying super busy. 

Then, this afternoon was my company's rally and the release of all our new products and our holiday catalog....it's beautiful. 

Here is the catalog:


The kids and I had our movie night. We watched Dolphin Tale. It was so fun because Hudson didn't remember having watched it before and Madison loves this movie so we all enjoyed the movie and had a GREAT bedtime routine afterwards. 

Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday!

No comments: