Sunday, October 01, 2017

Lincoln Brewster...WHAT?!?!

Day 55.

Oh my goodness....church was AMAZING this morning. Lincoln Brewster, the former lead guitarist of Journey and new solo musician/pastor spoke at our church this morning. He shared his story and holy cow was it powerful. He has a story of Redemption and so he shared about redemption and wove it all throughout his story. I was truly blessed by everything he shared this morning and was left touched and inspired.

It won't have quite the same effect as hearing it woven throughout his story, but here were his bullet points:

Redemption happens when:

1. I Surrender (Say yes to God and Let go of the steering wheel)...Psalm 51:10
2. I Persever (respond well to difficult times)....James 1:2-4
3. I follow God's Lead...tied it back to opening verse John 12:47
4. I take a Leap of Faith....Proverbs 3:5-6
5. It doesn't look like Redemption is happening (God is always working behind the scenes on our behalf)....Romans 8:28

He left us with a few thoughts to ponder:

1. God wants me to do my part. Am I doing it?
2. Am I fostering LOVE in my home? What can I do better?
3. God pursues us always - it's up to me to respond.
4. Sometimes the teacher is silent during the test.
5. Am I allowing God to use me?


After church, we were able to talk with Alex a little bit, but he's been crazy busy, so we just said hi and briefly caught up, so that he could go to bed because it was late for him and he'd had a long day.

The kids and I had lunch and then they played a few games, while I worked. The 1st of the month is always a crazy time with my job, plus I was teaching myself a new program and I was in the final stages of it, but was stuck on the last step. The kids were sweet to be patient with me. I felt very successful when all was said and done thought because I had taught myself how to use a new program for my newsletter and how to merge my contacts into the right place to send it to my team.

The kids then went to their quiet time to read and just spend some time apart from each other....they needed it. Everyone was a tad "too helpful" and emotions were flying during their "fun" games. While they were in their quiet times, I finished up some more items for work and posted a video about one of our supplements in our product group.

Then, the kids cleaned up and we hung out for a bit, had dinner, played some more games, read some stories and then they went to bed.

I have been finishing up some final details for work, listening to some inspiring videos and getting organized for the week. I will be doing a little reading soon and then

No comments: