Thursday, October 05, 2017

Park Date

Day 59.

I had a wonderful time volunteering at school today. Not only did I get to help students, as well as the teachers, but I was able to have a real conversation with one of the mom's I've been volunteering with. We've been getting to know each other over the last few weeks and we had a really great conversation today and it always amazes me how God so evidently brings people into our lives with very specific purpose.

After I left school, I was able to talk to another sweet friend that I've been playing phone tag with for quite literally WEEKS. Well, we finally connected and I was so excited to learn that God had shown up and answered prayers in BIG ways! While I was on the phone with her Alex called, so I hopped off the phone with my friend so that I could catch up with Alex. It was so great to see his handsome face. Oh how I miss that man!

Once I was off the phone, I made my lunch and got busy with work. I taught a class tonight that I was going over earlier and putting final touches on and organizing the pictures. It was a class on Oils and Exercise, which is appropriate given that I have my first personal training session tomorrow. I'm excited for this chapter to start. We had a yummy dinner and our meals are back on track. Tonight we ate baked chicken, salad and sweet potato...I also had some mushrooms on top of my chicken.

Anyway, back to earlier in the day. Madison is participating in an event at school called Battle of the Books. It's a competition and she along with 10 other kids will represent their school in the spring. They have to read 10 books and then they get questions asked about them (I think...this is my first experience with this competition). Anyway, practice was after school from 3-4, so I picked Hudson up and we went to the park for about 40 minutes and then headed back to pick up Madison.


Once we were home, the kids worked on their homework and reading and I made dinner. Then, after dinner we read stories and played games. Tonight we played UNO Attack and Trouble.

Then it was bedtime and once the kids were in bed I taught my Oils and Exercise Class on my Facebook Page: fb.com/oilytipsbystephanie.

Once that was finished I worked a little more and now I'm definitely ready for bed.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments: