Friday, October 27, 2017

The Surprise Guest

Day 81.

So this morning was such a FUN morning. I had kept it a surprise from Madison that she was going to be Student of the Month. The assembly was at 8:45 in the morning. She came into the MPR with her class and sat down and never saw myself or my parents. Then, low and behold, it worked for Alex to FaceTime in to watch. I went over and asked Madison's teacher if she knew when her class would be called and her teacher worked it out so her class would go first.

The principal was super sweet and talked briefly about supporting our military overseas and then, to my surprise, she walked toward me with the microphone and asked me to explain what RED stands for (Remember Everyone Deployed) because the kids were all wearing red shirts for Red Ribbon Week. Then she proceeded to tell everyone that Madison's dad was watching live on FaceTime, and had some other kind things to say. I know it meant a lot to Madison to have Alex watching as she received her student of the month award for academic excellence in Reading. We are so proud of our sweet girl and know that God has big plans for her future.

Here are some pictures from the morning. Since I had Alex on FaceTime, I wasn't able to take pictures during the ceremony, but we took some after before she had to rush back off to class.

    



After the assembly, I rushed off to my training session and has a GREAT time. I did however, in the process of kicking the tar out of the punching bag (or whatever it's called), break my wedding ring. I had forgotten that I put my ring on my shoe (which is normally not a problem, because I'd never had a kickboxing type workout)...whoops. Well, needless to say it's at the Jewelers now and they've ordered the new setting for my diamond (so thankful I didn't lose that...it literally fell out into my hand when I remembered to take my ring off of my shoe). I should have it back in 1-2 weeks they said. Feels very weird to not have my rings. 

Please say a little prayer for Madison. Tonight at gymnastics, during her last turn on bars for the night, her hands slipped off of the high bar and normally that's no big deal, but this time she fell kind of wonky and her knee went straight into her jaw and she's pretty uncomfortable. We've oiled her up, given her ibuprofen, iced it and now she's resting, but please pray she's feeling better tomorrow. 

Alright, I'm super tired and we have a busy day ahead of us, assuming Madison is feeling up to it, so I  am going to head off to bed.

No comments: