Sunday, October 22, 2017

"Stephanie's 46 Hudson Pick Up"

Day 76.

Today was another GREAT day at church. Really was touched by the sermon. He spoke about what to do when you're overwhelmed.  It's late and I don't have enough time to go into all of it, so for how I'll leave you with the biggest nugget I took away from today's message:  TRUE FREEDOM comes from TOTAL SURRENDER!!!

After church we walked around the Car Show that was happening on our church campus, still in connection with the Patriot Ride I spoke about yesterday. There were some pretty amazing cars there. Hudson was drawn to this blue truck (forgive me for not knowing what kind it is). He ran over to it and asked if I'd take a picture of him standing next to it.


Then, as we continued to walk around, we spotted this sign that said, "Stephanie's 46 Hudson Pick Up" so of course Hudson had to take a picture with it. 


The gentleman who was standing with this car was wonderful. He had his car next to this one...this one was his wife's. He told us that her dad built the car and it had all of the original parts. But while we were chatting with him, he told me I should take the kids over to go see a really great car, that apparently is extremely rare....I took his word for it because I didn't know the difference. Anyway, he said the gentleman who owns the car was super kind and always let the kids sit in it and take a picture. So we headed over to the car. It was a Cobra (forgive me for not knowing the year) and each of the kids took their picture in this amazingly well kept, and extremely rare car. 

      

After the car show, we ran to Costco and the kids had a blast because it was sample central today. After Coscto, we headed home and ate some lunch and talked with Alex for a bit. Then the kids watched a movie while I worked a bit. The kids went to quiet time afterwards to do their reading and just have a little break from each other. I continued working and then watched the final episode of Gilmore Girls...I just love that series. I never tire of it. I could especially watch the final episode of the series all of the time. It is full of so much hope, love and inspiration. 

After quiet time the kids and I played board games. While we were playing Hudson and Kona snuck in a quick game of UNO Attack. 


After our games we ate dinner and then played a round of Sorry before getting ready for bed. Tonight we were very intentional at bedtime. I had each of the kids go in their room and read until I came in. So, I got their diffusers ready and then I started in Hudson's room, since he typically goes to bed first. I spent a good 15-20 minutes just sitting there talking with and snuggling with Hudson. We had a great talk. He said his prayers and then we just snuggled for a bit. When it was time to go to Madison's room, I tucked him in and he was almost asleep before I shut the door. Then I did the same thing with Madison. Her and I had a wonderful talk that rabbit trailed all over the place, but it was perfect. I loved ending our day like this. I'm hoping we can do it more often. I think they enjoyed it too. 

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. We have some fun stuff planned this week and another busy weekend ahead of us, so I'm excited to share all that we do. This week at school, it's red ribbon week. 

No comments: