Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Day 65.

Today, when I dropped the kids off at school, Hudson wanted me to take a picture of the spider he made, that is hanging in his classroom. He wanted daddy to see it. Clearly pointing and smiling were too hard to do. ;)


After drop off, I did a quick 30 minute walk/jog and then headed to my training. It was a great day and we really focused a lot on legs. My legs were smoked by the time I left the gym. I really am loving this gym and the program. If you haven't found what works for you yet, search the gyms in your area that get your excited. I love to work out, but this time around I wanted to work out with other people, some more focused time with a trainer/coach, and in person accountability for my nutrition and workout routine....I kept searching until I found it and I'm so thankful that I did. There are so many styles of gyms out there, including several programs you can do at home. Most of the time I love all of that, but I just needed to change some things up right now because it was too easy not to take that "me" time when I was trying to work out only at home and I just didn't like the feel of the other gyms. Anyway, all that to say, find something you love, get excited about it, and go for it. The only thing standing in your way is yourself. 

After the gym, I headed to Trader Joe's to shop for all of the ingredients for some new recipes I'm trying that all fall within my meal plan, but that I think the kids will really like too...this is key because I'm working on teaching them to make healthy choices too. 

I picked the kids up after school and we walked back home. Once home, the kids did homework and I worked on dinner. We then headed off to gymnastics and then Hudson and I came home to play, read and have dinner. 

I don't have any new videos just yet, but Madison said her and her coach changed a couple of things in her beam and floor routine, not a lot, but a few things to add a bit more finesse and pizzazz. I love seeing Madison so excited about these routines. 

I worked for awhile tonight, which is why I'm posting so late, and now I'm off to watch last night's episode of This is Us and go to bed. 


No comments: