Sunday, September 17, 2017

Game Day!!!

Day 41.

Today was a great day. I really enjoyed church. Not only was it a fantastic service, but I was able to talk to my sweet new friend for a little bit and catch up on how things were going. I am really loving getting to know her and so thankful that God crossed our paths. Her family is just amazing.

After church, the kids and I came home and ate lunch and watched a little bit of America Ninja Warrior. We were still trying to catch up, but watched part one of the finals. Then, after lunch we had the chance to talk to my mother-in-law on FaceTime since today is her birthday. We caught her just before she was headed out the door to go to lunch. The kids and I were able to talk to her and then we also had a quick hello with our Aunt Anna and my father-in-law.

A little later, my parents came over for a game night (well, really game day). Shortly after my parents arrived, Alex was able to call us, so we delayed the start of our game day to talk with him for a bit. We didn't talk too long, though because it was well after midnight his time and we didn't want him to lose too much sleep. Once we said good-night, we played Dominoes, Uno and Clue. While we played clue, Hudson played Tennis on our Apple TV....he's so fun to watch playing that. We then had dinner and finished watching the rest of the episode we were watching from America Ninja Warrior. Afterwards, the kids got ready for bed.

I was able to hang out and chat with my parents for a little bit after the kids went to bed. Once they went home, I worked for a little bit and then talked to a very sweet friend that God just continues blessing me with. She has been a constant during this deployment and we were able to schedule lunch together on Wednesday, so I'm super excited about getting to see her because I haven't seen her in a little over a year.

I did a few chores around the house and now I'm getting ready to go to bed. I'm excited for what this week will bring and can't believe that at the end of this week it will officially be Fall. I'll be decorating this week.....on the hunt for a few more things to add to my collection.


No comments: