Friday, September 08, 2017

Our Friendly Visitor

Day 32.

It's Friday!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Today was a good day. I tried to remember and apply some of the wisdom from Ann that I posted yesterday. I just really loved the simplicity of it and how much I needed to hear it. One or more of her pieces of wisdom are always applicable.

Anyway, after walking the kids to school in glorious overcast weather, I had a phone date with my dear friend Cassie. We talk every week and it's been such a blessing to have her as a constant. She and I always schedule our next phone date before we hang up. I love that we've been able to stay in touch like this since we moved away from Charlottesville over two years ago. We're hoping that maybe she can come out for a visit during the deployment and then hopefully we'll see her and the family next summer when we move (hurry up February so that we can have orders in hand, right?!?). Even though we think we know where we're going, you just never know until those orders are cut.

While I was talking to Cassie, I went for a 3.2 mile walk. When I got back from the walk, I noticed that our friendly Hawk was sitting on the waterfall of our pool. He probably comes to visit a few times a month (maybe more, I just haven't noticed). I've tried so many times to get a picture, but he always flies away before I can catch him. Well, today, I caught him. It's through my window though, because I was afraid he'd fly away if I tried to open a slider.


After I was done talking with Cassie, I worked for a few hours and really enjoyed the day. I was doing some extra research on the new Diffuser from Young Living...the Desert Mist Diffuser because I have a sweet friend that was inquiring about it. I think it's probably one of if not my very favorite diffuser from Young Living now. It can diffuse from 5-10 hours and can change colors (there are 10 in all), it can flicker like a candle, it can sit on whatever color you want, or you can have it on with no color at all. Just lovely! Then it was time to pick up the kids. I had gotten the mail earlier in the day and the kids each had a note from Alex. I set them on each of their beds. 


As I walked to school, the sky decided to open up and dump rain on me...thankfully I had brought my umbrella, along with the kids'. Once I got to school the rain let up, but it was pretty funny to see everyone with all of their umbrellas on the first rain of the school year.


Once they kids were home, they found their mail from Alex and raced to open it. Alex had sent them each a note and some money from both Bahrain and Kuwait. So fun that they now have a growing foreign money collection. 

      

We then got ready for gymnastics. Madison had left over tacos for dinner and then we were off. We watched Madison for a little bit and then we headed to Target to run a quick errand. When we walked into Target, they had some of their Star Wars items set up and Hudson wanted to take a picture with it for Alex. He was wearing his glasses that he received last year in Kindergarten because he said he was missing Mrs. Gonzales. 


We had periodic chunks of time this evening where it was pouring and thundering and then it would completely clear up. Right now it's as calm as can be outside. 

I'm excited for tomorrow. We have a fun brunch with some friends in Yucca Valley and then Madison has her private lesson to choreograph her new floor routine! I'm hoping I will have a video tomorrow after her lesson so that I can share it with you. 






No comments: