Saturday, September 30, 2017

Fresh New Looks

Day 54.

Today was another interesting day, but today it was an interesting day in the life of a tenant. We woke up to a stuffy house, so I turned the fans on. It hadn't dawned on me yet that something might be off. Then at about 9:00 or so, I was sweating just sitting eating breakfast with the kids and I went to check the AC and it was 81 in the house (even though the thermostat was set to 78), which has always been my first indicator when the AC has died at this house. So, I quickly went outside and the AC unit was dead....it wasn't doing anything. So, I called our emergency line and started the process of getting it taken care of. This is now the third time our AC has died this month. Anyway, the technician finally showed up and he was able to temporarily fix the problem, but said that they will need to come back out to replace the two parts that are leaking refrigerant.

While all of that was being taken care of, the kids and I watch a GREAT movie on Netflix called Walt Before Mickey. I highly recommend it. It was such a great story and there was a lot that I didn't know about Walt Disney before created Mickey Mouse. This movie was based on Walt's autobiography. It was truly inspiring.

After the AC was fixed, it was time to head to the kids' hair appointments (they have school pictures on Monday and this was the only time they were both free to go get their hair cut). Hudson had his cut first. Here are his before and after pictures. I always think he looks so much older after he gets his hair cut.

     

Then it was Madison's turn. However, I don't have an "after" picture for her because as we were finishing up, Alex called on FaceTime and so the kids quickly stole the phone from me to talk to him and then by the time we were off the phone, we'd been sitting in the parking lot for a little bit and I forgot that I hadn't taken an "after" picture. I'll see if I can snap one tomorrow before church. She only had an inch cut off. She really didn't even want to get her hair cut, but it needed a trim and so she begrudgingly obliged. So, here is her before picture.


We stopped at Target so that Hudson could look for something with his money from the Tooth Fairy and so that I could look for some pants for Madison because she discovered today that her pants are too short for her, also. Even though I asked her last weekend, when we did the big shopping spree for pants (because they were on sale), and she said that she didn't need any because they all fit. Madison was also excited because  shirt she had wanted was available in her size now, so I told her we could get it. We are still on the hunt though for what she will wear for pictures. It's a much bigger feat this year. 

Anyway, Hudson chose to get UNO Attack with her money. I told him I'd pay for the part that was more than what he had since it would be something played by the whole family. On the way home from Target, Hudson did something he hasn't done in a long time. He fell asleep. When we pulled in the driveway, I snapped a picture because he just looked so cute. 


We set up UNO Attack as soon as we were home and played a couple of rounds. It sure is a lot of fun! It keeps it interesting. Then after the game, we watched a move for movie night. We took a chance on a movie we'd never heard of, but I recognized some of the actors and actresses in it and it was really good. In fact, Madison asked me to look and see if there was a book, but I wasn't able to find one. It was called: The Enchanted Stallion. We enjoyed it. There was one intense scene at the beginning that Hudson was unsure about, but after that, he was good. 

No comments: