Wednesday, September 06, 2017

It's My Birthday!!

Day 30.


BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER......we are one month down TODAY!!!!


Just wanted to take a minute and say, "Thank You" to everyone for all of the sweet texts, phone calls, voicemails, emails, and birthday cards. Y'all made my day extra special, despite missing my love.

This morning started out wonderfully and the day just kept getting better as it went on. Hudson woke me up and gave me a big hug and said he wanted to tell me "Happy Birthday." He's just the sweetest little guy and always makes sure he gives me extra snuggles.

Alex made my day extra special because he sent random different messages throughout the day and in the morning I woke up to an e-card that also contained my first gift: a membership to the gym of my choice to help me with our competition.

Then, after drop off this morning my sweet friend Amy took me to breakfast at Wilma and Frieda's. Oh my goodness, I just love that place. I had a delicious breakfast that included scrambled eggs, applewood smoked bacon, a salad and a homemade english muffin.

Here are the sweet flowers that Amy brought me. I loved getting to spend the morning with her just talking and catching up.


After breakfast I headed to the nail salon to get a pedicure and manicure. My sweet aunt sent me a thoughtful birthday card and gifted me some money that I chose to use today for some pampering. I chose colors that are starting to look a little bit more like fall, instead of summer. While I was getting my nails done, I received an email from Alex and it was a gift card to the Apple Store to get a second band for my watch....so very sweet.

From the salon, I headed to pick the kids up from school and made it just in time. After school, the kids worked on their homework and I worked on making Madison's dinner for her to eat before gymnastics. Just as we were leaving, I had a special delivery. Alex had sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.


After we dropped Madison off at gymnastics, Hudson and I ran to the post office and then to Coffee Bean (I had my free birthday drink...a large decaf tropical iced tea). Then, we headed over to Rubios for street tacos and to walk around the Apple Store. I didn't end up getting a second band today because the guy I was talking to said that the new bands for the watches will be released soon, so I'm going to wait and see what new ones they come out with. 

Once we were done, we headed home quickly for Hudson to change into his jammies and to get the kids' diffusers ready so that when we came home from picking up Madison, everyone could go straight to bed.

We had a meeting at gymnastics tonight about our team meet that we host each year. It's already time to start planning again. On that note, if any of you have a business that you would like to place an ad in our program, I am helping fundraise for the event this year. This would be a huge blessing! Thank you for taking time to consider placing an ad. Feel free to message me if you'd like more information about the types of ad spaces we have available. 

Once we were home from gymnastics, I helped Hudson get off to bed and then Madison and I finished her homework that is to be completed with an adult and then said good-night. 

After I was finished putting everyone to bed, Alex called and we were able to talk for a little while. Then at around 10, Brittney called from Japan and we were able to catch up for a little bit. Brittney had sent me an adorable present that I opened this morning. It was a heart theme...she knows me so well. 


It's pretty late, so I am off to bed, but yay for 1 month being completed! Best Feeling Ever!!!


No comments: