Tuesday, September 12, 2017

My Hubby is a Stud Muffin!

Day 36.

Today was a GOOD day.

First and foremost, I was sent this picture of my amazingly HOT HUSBAND!!! Back off ladies, he's all mine! ;)


Oh man, I love my hubby something fierce. He let me know he'd arrived safely at his destination. We didn't get to talk long, but hearing his voice was all I needed. If you're a military spouse, you get it, and maybe even if you aren't, but when the guys fly, my stomach just gets in knots until I know he's back on solid ground. 

He sent this fun video for Hudson to watch of the Osprey, so I thought I'd share it with you in case you or your kids also find it fun and amusing! :) 


Today, I felt so accomplished. Tuesdays are minimum days at the kids' school, so I had less time than usual, but packed in a lot. I volunteered in Hudson's classroom. Then, I ran and got the smog check I mentioned yesterday. Next, I stopped by the post office to mail that silly $1 check and Alex's next care package....this one was HEAVY. After the post office, I went to the gym and crushed yesterday's time. I'm still nowhere where I will be, but I have to start somewhere right? I did 3.4 miles in 27 minutes. I quickly ran home and had just enough time to do something I needed to get done for work and then go walk to grab the kids.

After I picked up the kids, we came home and they got right to work on their homework...they both are such great students and so far have been fantastic at getting started with their homework right away. Once they were both done, they did their reading and I prepped dinner. 

We had another InstantPot Success. I made Honey Chicken and served it over Brown Rice. It was really good...I might just use a tad less corn starch at the end next time because the texture of the sauce wasn't ideal, but that is easy enough to fix. Kids said they'd be happy if I made this recipe again. 

We got ready for gym and then headed out the door. We stopped to grab the mail and I had a sweet package from my dear friend Carolyn. She sent me a very thoughtful birthday gift. It's a Beautiful Word Bible....you can journal in it...there is space to be artistic or to journal....so fun!


I was able to get a quick video of Madison working on press handstand's on the beam today. It was pretty crowded, so this was the only video I was able to get. 


Once we were home, Hudson got ready for bed and Madison finished the last part of her homework that is to be done with a parent. Then I taught a Savvy Minerals Makeup class. I was such a nerd...I was teaching my class in my event and then when I went to go LIVE for my Question and Answer section, I didn't realize I had posted to my page instead of my event. I realized it about half way through and then it was too late to do anything about. Whoops! Sorry about that! 


No comments: