Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Pixie Dust Everywhere

Day 44.

It's the LAST DAY OF SUMMER!!!! Another milestone.....we're moving into another season!!!! Yay!

Today has just been a GREAT day all around.

The morning started off with the kids each waking up to their surprises from their toothfaries. Hudson's tooth fairy left him a note, some pixie dust, and a Cars 3 Lightening MacQueen Car. Madison's left her a note, some pixie dust and a trail of clues (per her request) and at the end of the treasure hunt, Madison found a book she's been wanting to read. They were both pretty happy (and up WAY TOO EARLY).  We had a lovely morning. It was calm and not rushed since they were both up. We were able to briefly say hi and bye to Alex before heading off to school for the day. As we were walking to school, I noticed Madison had put her "pixie dust" in her hair...it was everywhere....she was quite shiny and glittery.

Once I dropped the kids off at school, I walked back home and then got ready to leave to go to lunch with my dear friend Kara! We found the perfect meeting place that is almost exactly half way between us. We went to Ruby's at the Cabazon Outlets. We both arrived about 10:30 and then were able to take our time and chat and catch up in person (we talk almost daily, but we hadn't seen each other in well over a year). What a blessing it is to have her to do life with, we're going on almost 20 years of friendship.


It finally came time for us  to part so that we could each go pick up our kiddos from school. 

Once I had the kids, we came home and the kids read their books (neither one of them had any written homework because they had already finished it...woo hoo). While they ready, I prepared dinner...they both requested burritos tonight, so I chose to be flexible ;) and say "sure." I'll just save my dinner that was for tonight until tomorrow. 

We dropped Madison off at gymnastics and then Hudson and I ran to Trader Joe's....they received a HUGE shipment of their pumpkin items in. Oh how I love all of their yummy Fall food. Once we arrived back home, we decorated for Fall since tomorrow is the official start of the season. Hudson had so much fun because this also meant that I pulled out all of the Fall and Halloween books. So, he sat and read books from our book box and I finished decorating. I think I might need to find a few more things :) 

I'm off to bed now and am looking forward to tomorrow! :) 

No comments: