Tuesday, September 19, 2017

I Can't Believe It!!!

Day 43.

We had quite the day around here!

I woke up feeling refreshed from yesterday and just knew today was going to be a GREAT day. I got up at 5:15 to do my quiet time and then I did some quick abs and pushups. I was able to shower and get ready. I peaked my head out of my room and still didn't hear anyone, so I did my make up and made everyone's lunches. I still didn't hear anyone, so I did a little bit of work while I enjoyed my hot tea. Finally, at 7:00am I decided I better wake these kiddos up because they needed to start getting ready if we were going to leave on time.  As we were heading out the door, Alex called and was able to tell the kids he loved them and that he hoped they had a great day.

Today is one of my usual volunteer days for Hudson's class, so I helped in there for a little over an hour and then headed home. When I arrived home, I worked for a little bit and then was able to talk to Alex just before he went to bed.

After I picked the kids up from school, they came home and did their homework. I read and worked a little and then made them dinner. They had requested sandwiches, so I gladly obliged. Hudson came running to find me shortly after I sat his food at his place. On his first bite, his tooth popped out. He was so excited because that tooth had been bugging him, but he's not like Madison. He does not like to wiggle or force his teeth out. However, he does love the tooth fairy and immediately wrote a letter to him. Hudson has named his tooth fairy Baymax!


Once everyone calmed down from the excitement and finished their dinner, we headed off to gymnastics. Madison had a great day at the gym. I didn't get any video because there was too much glare off of the windows, but Madison conquered her STANDING BACK TUCK. This is the one skill that still was mentally causing her trouble, but tonight she did it! She was determined and stopped letting fear (in case you forgot, this skill is what she injured her ankle on about a year ago) hold her back. She took a deep breath and did it! Then she did it again, and again, and again. She was jumping up and down and just so excited!

As soon as we arrived home from gym, the kids took their showers and got ready for bed. Hudson is always much quicker, so he was showered, teeth brushed, and in bed before Madison was even out of the shower. So, we said prayers, sang a song, put his oils on, turned his diffuser on and I tucked him in. He's such a good little sleeper, he was completely out before Madison had her pajamas on. 

Then, the next thing I know, I hear Madison scrambling in the bathroom and I'm not sure what is going on and then she races past me, not speaking. I finally figured out what was going on. She was getting salt, to make a salt water gargle because she, too, had lost a tooth. I can't believe it. I don't think I ever really thought both of my kids would lose a tooth on the SAME DAY!!! 


Well, Madison's tooth fairy, Serafina, did something fun a few teeth ago and now every time Madison loses a tooth, she asks for the same thing. Serafina had given her clues as to where to find her special prize for losing a tooth. So, of course, Madison wrote a quick note asking for clues again tonight AND for pixie dust. 

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow when the kiddos wake up. 

No comments: