Thursday, September 21, 2017

I Blew It!

Day 45.

Okay, so apparently I was mistaken yesterday. I always thought that September 21st was the First Day of Fall. Well, apparently it's tomorrow, but I realized that after we were already at school. This is important because I went out of my way last night to decorate the house and make it look like Fall for this morning, I got up earlier than I normally do, so that I could make homemade pumpkin pancakes from scratch and well....I blew it. It wasn't even Fall yet. Whoops!

Well, on the positive side, the kids LOVED  the pancakes and scarfed them down. I haven't made my pumpkin pancakes since last year, so I was pleasantly surprised when they turned out pretty darn tasty, if I do say so myself. :)


Today is Thursday, which means it was my long day of volunteering at the school because I go into both classrooms. Oh how I love it.  I get to help first graders work on their reading (for those of you that either didn't know or don't remember...I use to teach first grade). Then, I get to go help Madison's teacher organize, collate and prep and I LOVE it....I just love the curriculum in 5th grade and I miss lesson planning and watching the lightbulb turn on when a student who has always thought they'd never understand, finally gets it and I can cheer them on. One of my favorite memories from teaching 5th grade was how I taught grammar. We always had so much fun. Every morning, I'd come in and write a paragraph on the board with a bunch of mistakes. The kids always were so eager to point them out and it sort of turned into a fun game each day, little did they know how much learning was actually taking place. :) 

After I was done at the school, I came home and worked. I am still working on a few of my scripts for some classes I'm teaching next week, but they are getting there. I seriously love this time of year with my job. Similarly to when I'd watch students' eye open up as they understood a math concept for the first time or improved their reading ability, I LOVE watching friends and family have that aha moment when they realize how much junk is in their home and that we are being exposed to every day. I love being able to come alongside them and help them to make positive changes, whether it's in baby steps or in one giant swoop. The relationship that comes with getting to know the WHY behind why someone wants to make the change, is priceless. I can't even begin to tell you how many beautiful friendships have blossomed as a result of my job. I count it such a blessing and honor to get to work from home, to get to educate friends and family, and to get to watch dreams come true for those that have joined my team and are also pursuing this as a job. 

Once I was finished working, I ate a quick lunch and journaled for a little bit. Then I went and picked up the kids. Thursdays are our slow day since there is nowhere we have to be after school. We came home, kids did homework and read. I worked on dinner, which was another InstantPot recipe and it was a HUGE success. Kids loved it and so did I. 

No comments: