Thursday, September 28, 2017

Hudson Had A Very Special Day

Day 52.

Today was a wonderful day!

Here's my little monkey on the way to school....he was so excited about the assembly today!


It started out with me volunteering at the school in both classes today. I seriously had so much fun. I just loved watching these little first graders grow and getter better from day to day with their reading. Hudson has been taking AR tests all week and getting 100% on all of them. He's blowing my mind with how well he's doing in school, not because I didn't think he could do it, it's just that when he started school last year, there were so many other concerns I was addressing that I just didn't truly see what a GREAT student he is. I can't even believe how much he's grown in his confidence and abilities. He's beginning to excel in math too!

After helping in 1st grade, I headed over to 5th and was able to do some clerical type work to help Madison's teacher get prepped for next week. Then, I had a lot of fun. I was able to help one of the student's in Madison's class, who is learning to read braille, practice reading. I was able to learn a few of the letters and just really enjoyed getting to work with this amazing student. I look forward to getting to work with this student again.

Once I was finished at the school, I walked home and worked....I have just a few days left and I'm so close to my first huge goal I want to accomplish while Alex is away. I'm just giddy with excitement.

While I was working, Alex called, which was wonderful because we actually were able to talk for a little bit, instead of having a rushed conversation. I just love that man and love our conversations.

Once we were off the phone I zipped over to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf to grab a warm tea latte and then head to school for the awards assembly.

Here are some pictures from the assembly and then below that is the video:

       



After school, the kids and I came home and they worked on their homework and reading and then I surprised Hudson with dinner to one of his favorite places. We haven't been there in a very long time, Red Robin. As we were walking into the front door of the restaurant, Hudson lost another tooth. It just popped out (looking at the picture it's his bottom left tooth). School pictures are Tuesday...they are going to be quite memorable. :) 


After dinner, I let the kids share a milk shake. They chose a cookies and cream milk shake. The catch was that they had to let me take some fun pictures before they chowed down. They obliged! 

      

It was an extra special day and we really had a great time! I'm looking forward to tomorrow! 



No comments: