Sunday, September 03, 2017

What's This Wet Stuff Falling From the Sky?

Day 27.

Today was wonderful.

We got up, the kids played wonderfully together and I had time to read and just enjoy the morning before I started getting ready for church. Then I showered and started getting ready and I was still able to get ready in peace. I turned my music on (I love the iheart radio app) and applied my oils, put on my makeup and did my hair. It was glorious. I also got to drink my hot tea while I was getting ready. Then, we were off to church.

I really enjoyed the service today. Today we talked about fear and how to overcome it. We were in a ver familiar passage of scripture for me (Exodus 14), but some of the take aways were very spot on for me this morning. The worship this morning was also off the charts. I really love our worship leader (he really reminds me of Dave Crowder). Today's songs were fantastic and some of my favorites. At the end we sang Oceans and I love that our worship pastor sang it and didn't have one of the female vocalists lead it. For those of you not familiar with this song, it's typically performed by a female, but I loved the rendition that our worships leader gave us this morning.

After church, we came home and had lunch and then the kids played a bunch of board games. They were seriously being so kind to each other it was blowing me away. Anyway, while they were playing I was in the bedroom talking to Alex when he called. I tried to chat with him a little bit on my own before the kids caught on, but within the first 2 minutes they figured out what was happening and came running in. They talked for a little bit and then they went back to their board games and I was able to talk to Alex for a little bit before he had to go to bed.

Then Hudson and I worked on his homework. He had an "all about me" page he needed to complete to turn in on Tuesday. While we did that, Madison started her new book, "Hidden Figures." She's really loving it and it wouldn't surprise me if she finished it by tomorrow because we ordered her the rest of the books in her new series and they arrive tomorrow and she's ready to start reading them. I mean this girl just flies through books. I'm not complaining, but it's hard to keep up. I placed a Scholastic book order with Hudson's class and I threw some books in for her too.

Tonight we did another movie night and we watched Enchanted. We all had fun and enjoyed snuggling on the couch together. After the movie was over the kids finished getting ready for bed and then we said prayers and I tucked each of them in.

After the kids were in bed, I did an Instagram Live video for work because it was long overdue, so it's in my stories right now if you are interested in watching it. My IG name is @oily_tips_by_stephanie. Then I had a chance to talk to my bestie, Emma for a little bit. It was wonderful to catch up. I was outside doing all of these things, but while I was on the phone with Emma, I had to bring everything inside because it starting raining...that's right....rain in the desert...it's a miracle. :) I'd almost forgotten what rain felt like!

Now I'm going to go read because my books is getting really good and I haven't wanted to put it down, but out of necessity I have.

Hope everyone has a GREAT night.


No comments: