Monday, September 04, 2017

Labor Day...Milestones!!!!

Day 28.

It's Labor Day....maybe you don't consider this a big day and you just enjoy the day off.

However, ANY holiday is tough when your husband is deployed. It's a day that all of your friends spend with their families and it's very obvious that your other half is missing. On the plus side, counting down holidays makes the time go faster.

Anyway, we made it through our FIRST holiday!! Milestone Met!!!

Today, we spent the morning hanging out and spending time as a family. We read books, played games and listens to music and had a little dance party.

Then, later in the morning we headed over to my parents' house because they wanted to have a BBQ for Labor Day and to celebrate my birthday, since it's a little later this week. We had a later lunch/early dinner of tri-tip, baked potatoes, and corn-on-the-cobb. We watched the Angel Game....they won in extra innings...it was a GREAT game. While the game was on, we played UNO and Beat the Parents. Then we had a little bit of cake. My parents spoiled me and bought a Lemon Nothing Bundt Cake for us all to share.


My parents and the kids also spoiled me with some very thoughtful gifts. Hudson gave me money to pick out a new phone case since my old case doesn't properly fit my new phone. Madison gave me an amazon gift card to get a book that is on my wishlist, but didn't come out until September 1st. My parents gave me some wonderful, thoughtful gifts for the kitchen and a beautiful piece of wall decor.


When I came home I was able to connect with a few friends and then worked a little bit (well, I worked for a couple of hours). I am just so excited about what this month has to hold and how many people are eager to learn how to make better choices for their family and how to be proactive about their wellness instead of reactive. I love reading all of the emails and messages I get and being able to respond and help people. It seriously makes my day. 

Okay, I'm off to go prep the kids' lunches for school tomorrow and then to read some more of my book....it's so good. It's been hard to put it down!!!


No comments: