Sunday, September 24, 2017

Let's Get This Party Started

Day 48.

We had a GREAT day!

Church this morning was on point. They haven't posted the video from the sermon yet, but when they do I am going to post the link, if for no other reason, than I know that Alex would have LOVED today's message.

After church, the kids and I went to Old Navy and Target because my kids needed clothes. I didn't realize how badly they needed clothes until last weekend when we went to Sea World.  I discovered Hudson didn't have any pants that fit and Madison had very few shirts that fit...I thought she was just continuing to wear her gymnastics shirts since they are her favorite, and while that was part of the reason, I learned it's also because when we went through her closet this summer and she gave me all of her shirts that no longer fit, she didn't mention to me that she only had a couple shirts left that did. She puts away all of her own laundry, so I haven't peeked through her closest in a long time apparently. So, anyway, we found some shirts for Madison (we still need to do some more shopping, but it was a start). We also found 5 pairs of pants for Hudson and 2 shirts that he picked out. On top of that, I found a pair of jeans and shirt.....this is miracle. :)  So, I felt accomplished.

After shopping we came home and the kids did their reading and I worked for a little bit and also was able to talk to my friend for a bit both for fun and a little work related.

My parents called and told us they were going to my favorite Mexican Restaurant and asked if we wanted to join them for dinner, so we gladly accepted and met them at Pueblo Viejo.

Once we were home, the kids and I watched a new Winnie the Pooh movie (it was Hudson's pick, but turned out to be pretty cute). After the movie the kids showered and got ready for bed. Hudson went to bed a little earlier than Madison tonight. He had made some poor choices earlier that bumped up his bed time, but he clearly needed it because he fell asleep almost instantly. However, it was so nice to have that extra time with Madison. We talked and used her muscle roller to roll out each other's backs, legs and arms. I always love those sweet, candid moments with her when we just talk without an agenda. During the week, we talk all of the time, but sometimes there are days when it's more rushed than others because of schoolwork and gymnastics, but I savor and cherish these moments, for I know that even though the days can be long the years are short. I feel pretty blessed to have been given the chance to raise these two amazing kiddos and that they call me MOM :)

Alex will be traveling a lot this week and with space communication, so it was nice that I was able to briefly chat with him tonight, since we don't know when he'll be able to reach out next. Love my man and miss him terribly, but always love how God works in and through our deployments.

This week I'm going to research and go check out another gym that seems pretty amazing and then I'll make my final decision between the two gyms I've been looking at and then get this party started for real. Who else is working hard towards a fitness and nutrition goal? I'm working towards a lifestyle shift and not just a temporary fix, which is why I'm taking so much time to research and figure out what gym I'm going to join. I'm really interested in Next Level Fitness.....anyone have experience with them?

No comments: