Friday, September 15, 2017

Not Again....

Day 39.

FriYAY!!!!


I am so excited that it's Friday....I have a special surprise planned for tomorrow. Let's just say there will be A LOT of pictures.

Anyway, this morning went so smoothly...the kids were actually up and ready and eating breakfast by 7:05...this never happens. Hudson is usually ready, but Madison, well, not so much! As we were sitting eating our breakfast (which was originally suppose to be pancakes for the kids, but forgot that I'd run out of almond milk the day before, so we had scrambled eggs, bacon and avocado instead), Alex called on FaceTime and the kids were able to talk to him, which was so nice because it had been a little bit since they had. Plus, with the surprise for the kids tomorrow (which Alex knows about) we probably weren't going to be able to do FaceTime with him.

The kids talked to Alex for a good 30-40 minutes, which made their day. Then we headed off to school. Today I stayed at the request of Hudson's teacher and helped get all of her kids set up on Accelerated Reader, as well as help Hudson and another student take their StarTest. Hudson was so excited to take this test, since he always hears Madison talk about having to take it at the beginning of each quarter. He did very well and he was super excited about it.

After I was done helping at the school, I came home and did my Friday cleaning, including washing all of the sheets and remaking the beds. The house smelled extra like Christmas because in addition to my Thieves Cleaner, I also had Christmas Spirit and Orange diffusing in almost all of the rooms.

Once I was finished cleaning, I went to the gym and was able to get my 3 miles in. I ran for two of them and walked for one of them....my runs were fast paced though. I had a lot of sprint intervals in there and so the walks were in between to bring my heart rate back down.

I quickly came home and changed, was able to briefly talk to Alex. We had a poor connection today, so we basically said hi, I love you, and goodbye. Then, it was time to go get the kids.

Kids both had GREAT days at school and were in wonderful moods when I picked them up. We came home, Madison had dinner and got ready for gym and then we turned around and went to drop her off. Hudson and I quickly ran to Target because I needed a few things.

When we arrived home, I could tell that something was wrong. It was HOT in our house. I thought it was odd, but just turned the thermostat down to 79 to see if that helped. Well, about a half hour after that, I started feeling really hot in our home and checked the thermostat and it had gone up 4-5 degrees from when I'd last checked it, so I went outside and while the house sounded like the air was on, the AC unit was doing didiley squat. I knew it, our air was out AGAIN!

Our management company was very quick to jump on the issue and had a technician out to our house within an hour of me contacting them. The guy they sent out was very knowledgeable and worked quickly. I think our house only got up to 87/88 before he was able to get the air serviced, cleaned, and working. The coolant was almost gone because of a leak and a filter (that nobody told us about....we were told there was only 1 filter, so that is the only one I'd been changing) looked like it hadn't been changed in over a year. He fixed that and did an acid wash on the unit because it was so clogged and filthy. Anyway, the air is working beautifully now. My parents were kind enough to help me out because the time that the technician was at the house was when I was suppose to be picking up Madison from gym, so they dropped my mom off with me so that I wasn't home by myself when the technician was there and then my dad went and picked up Madison.

It was good to see them, since they'd gone out of town for a few days earlier this week and I hadn't had a chance to really catch up with them since they returned home.




No comments: