Thursday, September 14, 2017

Happy Birthday Bestie!

Day 38.

Today was a wonderful day!

First of all it's my bestie's birthday!!!! I got all gushy about her on Facebook, but we've been friends for 11 years now and I'm so thankful for her each and every day. God has continued to intertwine our stories and allowed us to always find a way to get together. Between us I think we've determined we've lived in 18 different homes, in 5 different states yet we've been to almost all of them with each other and only actually lived as neighbors in one of those locations. Love your Girl!!!! Happy Birthday!


When we went to walk to school, there was actually a chill in the air. For the first time in forever the wind was actually cool instead of warm. So, we enjoyed our walk to school very much this morning! I helped out in both Hudson and Madion's classrooms and then enjoyed the amazing weather that had still managed to stick around. It was glorious.

In fact, the weather was so nice that I decided not to go to the gym today, but to do my workout outdoors. I had already decided that for today I was going to walk instead of run because I don't want to over work my joints that haven't been consistently running for a while. I want to be sure I'm smart about easing my way back in, since I like to do sprint intervals. So, I went for a 3.5 mile walk today around our neighborhood. It was glorious and for part of that time I was able to talk to my dear friend, Cassie and the other part of the time I was able to talk to my other sweet friend, Vanessa.

I knew Alex was suppose to be home sometime late his time, which meant lunch or a little later for me, so I worked and then read my book until I heard from him. It sure was good to see his face. He had quite the trip, he's creating some memories full of adventure, from what I've been able to tell. For the most part, he can't tell me much because everything is classified, but the little I am able to know...pretty crazy!

While I was on the phone with him, the doorbell rang and it was the mailman delivering a package from Alex to us. I decided to wait to open it until we were off of the phone. He needed to go anyway because it was super late his time and he had to get up crazy earlier (even earlier than I regularly get up...now that is early). When I opened the box I saw a gift and letter for each of the kids and then one of Alex's famous letters for me. This is my first letter of the deployment, but last deployment he started writing me these amazing letters, recounting special memories of his and they were so amazing. Nobody ever understood how I could get my mail and save it until all was quiet in the house and I was ready to go to bed, to open and read it. I use these letters as my little "date night" with my hubby. He is so amazing at the way he pours his heart into these letters, and it touches me to my core. I cherish each of these letters and am always thankful when one arrives. I think after this deployment I might have them bound into a book for me to always have.


After school, the kids were so excited to see their mail from Alex sitting on their beds. They didn't stop carrying around their animals all night. Alex also sent them some more foreign money, but I'm not sure where it was from this time. I need to ask him. He also sent Hudson a star from a retired American Flag. He had sent Madison one of those last time he deployed. 

We ate dinner (chicken enchiladas) and then finished up some homework. While the kids were doing their reading, I read my book too. I finished it. I have to say that I was rather disappointed with it overall, but willing to give his next book a chance. Just hoping that this isn't his new style.

I was able to talk to my dear friend Kara tonight. I always enjoy getting to chat with her and just the way God continues to intersect our friendship. She's been such a constant for me during this deployment and it means so much to me. 

Well, I'm off to go read my letter. 

No comments: