Thursday, November 08, 2012

A Perfect End to a Rather Silly Day!

Well, last night it poured here, which threw off my plans for this morning. My original plan was to go for a nice LONG walk/hike with my friend Amy after dropping Madison off at school today, but alas, when we awoke this morning, it was hard to tell if the rain had just passed through or if it was going to be revisiting us, so no walk. But nonetheless, I snapped a quick picture of Madison before heading off to school.



Instead, Hudson and I went to the YMCA this morning and then to the post office to mail daddy his next care package! :) We then came home and man o man was there a lot of silliness. Hudson was moving so quickly I was only able to snap one picture of him and all of his craziness. On Thursdays, he tends to be a little extra crazy because I keep him up from his morning nap, since Madison has a short day and then I put him down when we get back, so that he can take one nice long nap (which would be my ideal every day, but Madison's school schedule prevents that from happening).


Tonight was a fundraiser at Rubio's for Madison's school, so we had dinner there! It was super yummy!  A day or two before Alex left on his deployment we went to Rubio's and I tried their Chicken Tortilla Soup for the first time and it was soooooooo yummy! So, tonight, I ordered it again because I has been thinking about it for almost a month! The kids enjoyed their dinner and enjoyed that we had gone out to dinner. I don't really take them out to eat much these days because it's just not the same, plus I am trying really hard to be good about my caloric intake. (I have a goal to reach while Alex is gone)!



Well, when we finished dinner, it was still pretty early (I had gone early because I was worried that parking was going to be a pain, but it wasn't). Since it was still pretty early, I decided to finish the night off by taking the kids across the street to Baskin Robbins. Madison had their Wildly-Outrageous Sherbert in a sugar cone and Hudson had a kids cup of Strawberry Ice Cream. Madison LOVED her cone and it was gone rather quickly. Hudson, on the other hand, eats ice cream incredibly slow. He's at that stage where he can eat by himself with a spoon, but he's not very efficient at it. Thus, ice cream takes forever and, of course, he's Mr. Independent and gets upset if I try to help him. But, they both had fun and I enjoyed watching them enjoy their ice cream!



On our way home, we stopped to grab the mail and I am so glad that we did! I had a letter from my love! It made my day. Once we were inside and the kids were in their jammies, I snuck away into my bedroom and read my letter in peace! I sure do love that man! He is so perfect for me! Even after having met almost 11 years ago, he still puts butterflies in my tummy and a smile on my heart! I may or may not have read and reread his letter a few times after putting the kids to bed! :)




No comments: