Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just Another Day, or Was It?

Well, today has come and gone.....

I could easily say that there was nothing special about today because it was a gloomy/overcast day and nothing out of the ordinary happened, but instead I am going to choose to see it differently.

Today I was blessed with the opportunity to wake up in my warm bed, while it was stinking cold outside. I was blessed to be able to wake up early, before my kids were up, and have a wonderful quiet time with the Lord before starting my day. Then, I was blessed to be able to feed both of my beautiful children breakfast and give them both vitamins that nourish their bodies and help keep them healthy. I was blessed to be able to clothe them in warm clothes and then to get them both in the car and drive them to school, while listening to Christmas music.

Today I was blessed with knowing that when I dropped Madison off at school, she was going to be in a class with a teacher who LOVES teaching and adores his students. Then, I was blessed to be able to go home with Hudson and spend the morning loving on him and watching his eyes light up with excitement as he practiced more words that he's learning or as he brought me books to read to him. I am blessed to be able to stay at home with my sweet baby boy and to get to watch him reach fun milestones!

Today I was blessed with the opportunity to see Alex via Face Time for a few minutes before having to leave to go pick up Madison from school. And, let me just say how very blessed I am that God chose to give me Alex as my husband and partner in life! He is my very best friend and for that I am truly blessed!

Today I was blessed with the ability to walk to Madison's school to pick her up. I am blessed by having a daughter that loves to be outdoors as much as I do and enjoys our walks home from her school (which for is about 2.2 miles each direction). I am blessed that Madison loves school and really applies herself while she is there. I am blessed that she enjoys talking to me and sharing with me all that she is learning and doing in school.

Today I was blessed with a wonderful evening at the park with friends. I am blessed to have a park within walking distance of my house. I am blessed to live in such a wonderful neighborhood with amazing kids for my kids to play with and with amazing, supportive friends that know exactly what each other is going through in some fashion or another!

Today I was blessed to have an extra half an hour with Madison after Hudson went to bed, to just read stories and to laugh and to giggle. Today I was blessed to be able to tuck both of my kids into their beds tonight. Today I was blessed by all of the hugs and kisses I received from my wonderful children.

Today I am blessed to call myself a child of God, a wife, a mom, a daughter, a daughter-in-law,  a friend, and a neighbor. I am blessed to be a military spouse and to stand behind our men and women who are overseas. I am blessed to have a husband who loves God and his family. I am blessed to be married to a man who stands on principles and integrity. I am blessed to be madly in love with the man I call my husband, my hero.

Today I was blessed with the gift of life and with a little perspective. I pray that I remember each day to count all of my many blessings and to remember that they far outweigh any negative or blah thought that might come on any given day. Today in and of itself is a blessing simply because God's Grace has been freely given to us and each day is made new.

Today may have seemed like just an ordinary day and it would have been so easy to just call it a day, but when we take the time to stop and count our blessings, it helps to keep our days in perspective! I pray today that you can look back at your day and count your many blessings and find a smile not only upon your face, but also in your heart.

I also just wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to my friend Jess! Hope you had a great day and enjoyed your night out!!! I am blessed by you! :)

No comments: