Sunday, November 11, 2012

Spring Salad or Corn Dog :/

This morning we went to church and it was an awesome message (as usual). This morning message was on obedience! Yep...convicting, to say the least! :)

After church we went to Fashion Valley Mall because I was in the mood for the Spring Salad at Boudin's, but alas, when we got there, this is what we found.....




So, we then proceeded to head upstairs to the food court because by now we were all hungry and we still needed to eat. I went from craving a yummy, satisfying, fresh salad, to settling for a hot dog from Hot Dog on a Stick...not exactly the same thing!

After lunch, we went to the Disney Store! My kids love this place. Well, if we're being honest, I love it too! :) I loved it as a kid and I still love it! Below is a picture of Madison coloring and being distracted by their movie screen, while I was secretly in line buying a couple of Christmas presents! It's a lot harder to buy them while she's with me, now that she's older! Hudson lucked out and received a pair of new jammies, so that I had an explanation for why I had a bag from the Disney Store! :)


 This is Hudson patiently waiting for sister to finish coloring her Disney picture so that we could head home!

Being that it's Sunday, AWANAS was tonight. Tonight's theme was Patriotic, in honor of Veteran's Day! They did a cute little thing at the end tonight. They had all of the kids who had parents currently serving in the military come up front.



They all clapped for them and then presented them with this darling certificate!


Tonight at AWANAS, Madison also won some items for her vest! She earned her first patch (but she gets that one next week) and her first red stone! She earned these for some of the specific verses she memorized and for the quantity of verses she's memorized! So proud of her!


The picture below is Hudson's darling Puggles' backpack and his craft from tonight!



I also just wanted to take am minute and say, "Thank You!" to all of the Vet's out there, past, present and future! Thank you for the freedom that definitely comes with sacrifice! Here is the quote I posted on my Facebook today: "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

***We LOVE you babe! Thank you for serving our country and for keeping us safe! We miss you! Hurry home!!!***


No comments: